VA's and VEMEC's Role in Emergency Management Video
The Veterans Emergency Management Evaluation Center (VEMEC) is a leading center for the study and development of emergency management practices. We help the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the largest fully-integrated healthcare system in the US, and other organizations optimize and integrate disaster risk management into their strategy and operations. We leverage our experience with the VA to develop customized, evidence-based practices for a wide range of private sector, non-profit, and governmental entities.
Through strategy and operations consulting, training, and research we apply our scientific and clinical expertise to today’s most urgent public health preparedness and response issues. We develop solutions to bolster healthcare systems, improve community preparedness and response, and ensure business continuity during disasters and emergencies. Our products and services are focused on optimizing an organization’s emergency management resources to produce timely, measurable, and reproducible outcomes. Our work improves their ability to function during a disaster, and strengthens communities locally, nationally, and globally.
Our Services Our Expertise Our Products
To serve as the premier scientific authority on public health preparedness and response by developing evidence-based tools and practices that enhance organizational quality and performance.
Promote the health and social welfare of Veterans and the Nation before, during, and after national emergencies and disasters through research, training, and consulting.
- Strengthen the Nation’s mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery activities within and outside VA.
- Develop stakeholder outreach program to engage and publicize best practices and tools.
- Improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability of emergency management systems.
- Identify and mitigate emergency management problems that jeopardize continuity of operations.
- Promote disaster resilience among communities.
- Enhance VA’s ability to support national, state, and local emergency management, public health, safety, and homeland security efforts.
Read VEMEC Quick Facts, VEMEC-At-A-Glance, and Center History to learn more.